Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Buddy- A sinful alcoholic or just stupid clumsy?

I will never forget my first football game, I was nervous, excited, overwhelmed, and burning up all at the same time.
I can remember having my hair in a ponytail which was super dangerous but at the time, I thought it was smart.
The head kept sliding on my hair, which was pulling my hair in my face. I had hair in my eyes, mouth, and nose. 
I could smell sweat, more sweat, and hair grease. This was terrible because my hair was blinding me, so as I was walking to the field on the bleachers, I literally thought my life was over.
All I could think was "Come on Des'Ree, you haven't even been Buddy for 5 minutes yet." Luckily, every time that I am Buddy, I have to have a person there to help me get down the stairs.
When I finally reached the field at Wantland Stadium, there was a bucket in front of me, at lease I think it was a bucket. It might have been the football players waters, I have no clue. I cannot see anything below my waist in the Buddy suit. So of course my 6-foot, clumsy self, trips over the bucket and falls.
And I hear a UCO student yell out, "Hey look everyone, Buddy must be drunk."
Well I guess we live and we learn, I may have embarrassed myself or Buddy. But there should really be 'warning' signs on the field for people like me who have to look through Buddy's smile everywhere I go.
 *Sidenote*- I now wear bandanas on my head to keep my hair in place and I promise I go to the games sober (laugh out loud).


No comments:

Post a Comment