Tuesday, September 27, 2016

I have never seen so many women in the sky!

So I think that it is my job to tell you all about Cheerleading Nationals, I went to my first competition last year in Daytona, Florida.
There were cheerleading teams everywhere from all over the world. They were competing to be the number 1 cheerleading squad.
It was my first time being in Florida and I loved being in a hotel room that was overlooking the ocean.
I was able to perform in the competition, with the UCO Cheerleaders. I was super nervous on the stage because I knew that if I fell off the stage, it would ruin the whole performance.
I was also scared that I was going to get kicked in the face while another girl was tumbling.
The first day we arrived, I remember walking to the beach and seeing women being thrown into the air. All I could think was "What the....... women are literally flipping in the sky, they are tripping, they must not care about their lives." 
This is the first photo I took and this was not even half of the teams that were there.
I can remember practicing there, day and night, everyday until competition day. 
The cheerleaders were super nice to me but I can tell that they wanted to curse me out when I stepped in their way. This was more than a competition to them, this was why they cheer in the first place. This was why they put on their outfits, this was why they came to UCO. 
This is why I respect them and this is why cheerleading means much more to me now then it ever has. 
*Sidenote*- I was terrified of the ocean because I kept seeing jellyfish! (Laugh out loud) for real though.

No comments:

Post a Comment